Perform Prep to paint process on vehicles and parts.
- A minimum of one year of work related experience in automotive body surface preparation/ repair work is preferred.
- Print reading and interpretation
- Related auto body experience is preferred in the following areas:
- Prepping, sanding, polishing, finessing, alignment, etc.
- Painting and clear coating automotive bodies and parts.
Summary of job duties:
- Mix paint color and components according to customers specifications.
- Fabricate attachments and fit prototype parts to vehicles.
- Remove parts from vehicle and reassemble.
- Sand vehicle using wet or dry process in preparation for paint.
- Execute paint process without interruption.
- Perform repairs on imperfections that may have occurred during the paint process.
- Rub out and polish vehicles to show quality.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment at all times.
- Communicate with floor leader of any activities that may affect a project.
- Ability to “READ” surfaces.
- Must be innovative and be able to respond quickly and accurately to customer requirements.
- Must have own tools and toolbox
- Be willing to work overtime and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.