The positional focus of a Dimensional Engineer is to lead the development of programs relative to assuring manufacturability and Fit and Function. Make sure best practices are being used, prioritized work loads, review program timing weekly and maintain status in ProLink, and reviewing dimensional work (GD&T, RSS, GDM, FHMS) prior to release.
Conduct work ensuring roles and responsibilities (RASIC) are achieved accurately, on schedule, and with the most efficient means necessary.
- Document manufacturing capabilities updating with new program information.
- Establish a training matrix to document core requirements.
- Review ProLink measurement plans with Sr. Dimensional Engineering Manager on a weekly bases.
- Monitor key program deliverables from award through PPAP.
- Confirm all dimensional information is available in specific reporting format.
- Maintain an open relationship with the tooling group and gaging team to ensure the best interests of the program teams are maintained.
- Team meeting participation.
- Program support in the resolution of high profile issues.
- Utilize (FHMS) to assure all relevant attributes are satisfied and/or contingencies defined at program milestones.
BSME, technical degree or equivalent experience.
Requires 5+ years experience.
Requires limited supervision. Manages a broad functional area. Ability to travel to various manufacturing locations to communicate best practices and collect lessons learned