The role of an Advanced Supplier Quality (ASQ) Engineer is to ensure the execution of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and its completion with a sense of urgency. Diligent follow up with the performance of the supply base.
- Deploy APQP related to the development phase of Bought-Out Parts and Raw materials following Company’s purchasing requirements and within the programs timing objectives.
- As an extended core team member, complete and deliver required evidence detailed in the Company Program Management System on-time per development program training.
- Assess suppliers in collaboration with the commodity buyer in order to complete the global panel evaluation.
- Give recommendations and/or technical decisions to ensure a defect-free process through program management.
- Manage progress plan with low-performance suppliers, in the development phase, in collaboration with the commodity buyer and supplier development.
- Manage the process qualification (trial run at rate & process audit) with plant Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer and program quality engineer.
- Follow the BOP supplier APQP progress utilizing the ePPAP system and take decision in collaboration with the program team.
- Train the suppliers and make sure that the defined standards are properly applied.
- Monitor the Production Part Approval before the transfer to the plant and hand over to the plant SQA Engineer.
- Manage action plans with suppliers in case of deviations, in the development phase.
- Facilitate effective communication between the supply base and FIS program functions (engineering, logistics) to ensure program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Complete monthly reports per departmental requirements.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Company’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.