This position is for a Senior Network Engineer working in a global team with key responsibilities in WAN / LAN / WLAN infrastructure.
Success in this position requires strong communication and planning skills with a thorough knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewalls, network management and telecommunication processes. He/she will demonstrate excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. He/she will provide technical expertise and support for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of WANs on a global scale.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of Firewall technologies.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of LAN/WLAN topologies
- Experience in enterprise security principals and technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively beyond his/her peers to broader non-technical audiences within the IT organization.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures to industry standards.
Scope of Job:
- Work as part of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide operational support to the existing IT infrastructure.
- Maintain change control process.
- Develop, prepare, implement and monitor IT Infrastructure projects.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge within his/her skill set; meet the level of an “expert” within the business.
- Facilitate improved understanding of IT methods throughout the business.
- Consult on technical processes within his/her skill set across the business.
- Communicate tasks and projects regularly within user groups and Global Infrastructure Team.
- Provide an interface to customers and suppliers at all levels to develop technical relationships.
- Prepare and monitor policies, procedures and budgets.
- Develop infrastructure monitoring and trend analysis techniques.
- Be involved in preparation of weekly report for review by Senior Global IT Management.
- This role will require travel to other IAC Group locations globally.
Implementation and support duties will require work outside of normal office hours.