Title: Quality Engineer II (mid-level) Direct Placement
Location: Farmington Hills
Travel: 50% to 75% (pending program and launch cycles)
Must haves: Fluency in APQP, PPAP, Root Cause Analysis, and Ability to adapt to change
Launch experience is a plus
- Promotes and projects the standards of excellence established by company and Quality Assurance in alignment with company and departmental objectives and quality targets.
- Facilitate APQP/Schedule A efforts in support of program management timing and performance targets by providing expert support and guidance to manufacturing sites and administration of all related documentation.
- Assures the quality of SEWS product and services provided to customers, reports, monitors, and assures effectiveness and sustainability of corrective actions through quality alerts and standard quality tools
- Promote a customer-focused business environment throughout the SEWS network by acting as the primary quality liaison and “voice of the customer” for quality and service related topics that drive the achievement of customer expectations.
- Closely monitors customer quality results and perceptions and makes judgments regarding necessary actions. Provides feedback to the responsible organization and assures required improvement activities.
- Develop and execute product tests and validations, analyze resulting data, and document results.
- Support creation and/or interpret Quality related documentation for project design history files (APQP Plan, Essential Requirements checklist, FMEA, PPAP, first article inspection plans etc.)
- Lead teams to identify risks/hazards associated with product designs, processes, applications, applying lessons learned, and assist in the generation of FMEA’s and associated Control Plans.
- Provides supervision necessary to perform, administer or direct rework/repair methods and processes in compliance with engineering standards.
- Administer and provide guidance to rework/repair methods and processes in compliance with engineering and quality groups.