- The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant.
- Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams.
- Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process.
- Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union represented employee
- Manage multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as it related to material flow.
- Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice Leadership Principles.
Will be required to drive a company vehicle. Valid driver's license is required along with a clean driving record.