Application/Hosting Specialist supports a group of applications ensuring stability and driving efficiencies. Application/Hosting Specialist works closely with supplier partners providing production support and overseeing the day to day operations ensuring SLA’s / KPI’s are met. Application/Hosting Specialist supports software and hardware maintenance and upgrades, monitoring application availability and ensures stability of the platform.
The Application/Hosting Specialist provides daily guidance to supplier partners in providing:
- 24x7x365 application incident support responding and resolving issues submitted through the ticketing system
- Restructuring applications to improve stability
- Sun-downing of unused applications and components.
- Application changes to support software upgrades
- Application migrations to new hardware
- Daily application monitoring for availability
- SLA management through SLA reviews with supplier partners
- Change controls within the application portfolio.
- Review application changes for permanent fixes; ensure completion of root causes analysis, application improvements, and MIPS reductions.
The Application Service Specialist may also be responsible for:
- Functional and operational coordination of supplier performance (monitoring, measuring, adjusting and reporting);
- Advising Leadership on Service Management best practices;
- Managing the quality of delivery of services and products by suppliers within contractual boundaries;
- Management of the relationship and communication with the suppliers in scope;
- Monitoring cost and quality in relation to the operational and hosting services provided by suppliers where applicable.
- Monitors overall application performance and required services that support business partners as required. Ensures ICT priorities related to application sun-downing, improvements and MIPS reduction is completed
- Production support (respond and resolve tickets, scheduling changes, etc.) and work with suppliers for incident resolution and closure.
- Optimization (improves system performance, reduce downtime, reduce costs and risk, etc.)
- Software / Hardware maintenance (validate applications after software / hardware maintenance, maintain software levels for COTS packages, provide remediation when required, impact analysis for existing applications, etc.)
- Cyclical Activities (model year, yearend, sales close, and planned initialization/launch, failover, Disaster Recovery Testing and associated DR documentation, etc.)
- Manage Ticket Groups (pending / backlog /aging)
- Application monitoring, which includes set up of application monitors, perform health check, review logs, etc.
- Problem management: perform and co-ordinate root cause analysis with cross functional teams.
- Work with Service Provider to address call volumes from Helpdesk, address call trends, suggest improvements, and complete benchmarking against any other existing CRM solutions.
- Provide weekly project management reports to leadership.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related area and 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Project management / Business Analyst / Application architecture experience in successfully delivering complex technology solutions within a defined SDLC.
- Experienced working in a cross functional team environment and being the functional go-to person.
- Have the urge to drive and get things done with ownership.
- Trouble shooting / Root cause analysis experience
- Understanding of SLA / KPI metrics for applications, ITIL experience, DevOps/Kanban Knowledge
- Helpdesk SME experience to successfully work with CRM solution providers and call center agents.
- Enterprise solution experience.
Technical Skills Preferred:
IBM UDB, Solaris, AIX, Java knowledge, 3 tier client server architecture, security, Siteminder, Firewall or Network knowledge, Service Now CSM or any CRM experience, Mainframe knowledge.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
May be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
May be required to travel domestically up to 20%.