- Weld Process Specialist is responsible for leading the Weld Process in the concept, design, development, install and launch of Body-In-White welding equipment.
- The position will interface with the ITC Department, Structure Design, Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Facilities Engineering and Plant Management to develop common optimized welding solutions to vehicle build challenges.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate and train welding techniques to the team to increase and sustain quality and throughput.
- These techniques may include machine set-up, advanced robot programming, and optimized welding parameters, implementation of new technology, equipment layout, and equipment design.
- The candidate will work with the BIW operations team to coordinate the implementation of “Best Practice” replications and other process improvements through the WCM process.
- Through data acquisition and analysis the team will develop strategies and measurable to improve quality and throughput.
- These strategies will fall within the boundaries of corporate guidelines and be customized to each plant as needed based on the resource levels and skills evaluations.
- The candidate will understand the BIW specifications completely, as well as, suggest and implement changes to BIW specifications as needed.
- There will be moderate local/domestic and international travel required.
- Science Degree in Welding Engineering Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience related to welding technologies
- American Welding Society Accreditations
- Strong understanding of weld parameter development, resistance and fusion weld certifications; weld conformance tracking and a broad understanding of weld manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of (WCM) World Class Manufacturing methodologies/tools
- Valid Driver’s License/Clean driving record
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed