This position is located in Novi, MI
This position is responsible for supporting Design of new model Instrument Panel, Floor Console and/or Door Panel programs from concept to production.
- Support projects from Program Award through Start of Production.
- Understand internal and external customer design requirements.
- Take ownership for assigned deliverables.
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design, injection-molding into design concepts and develop “smart” parameterized 3D CAD models and 2D drawings in UG/NX.
- Manage design files, design studies, component & assembly drawings in file library system.
- Capable of sending files via variety of transfer methods and formats (ex. TeamCenter).
- Design product to cost targets (cost awareness)
- Root-cause and identify short and long-term countermeasures for resolution of design, engineering or manufacturing feasibility issues.
- Communicate effectively with standard tools and face-to-face with internal and external customers.
- Ability to clearly explain design concepts.
- Participate with Engineering change process (TeamCenter experience, familiar with a change system process).