Position is located in Novi, Michigan
Design and Engineer Interior programs with internal and external customers. Support projects from Program Quote to 90 days after Start of Production.
- Manage customer and develop teams engineering interface to understand product requirements and timing expectations with multiple departments.
- Manage day to day activities of onsite and back office simultaneous development team.
- Assess design performance to requirements using calculations, CAE, prototyping, and ED/DV/PV testing.
- Develop and maintain tactical plans to track project status and ensure that Engineering deliverable obligations are met.
- Apply tools such as DFMEA and DRBFM, and provide support to PFMEA, to identify and address areas of design risk.
- Identify and address issue root cause using problem solving techniques such as A3, KT and 5-Why analysis to drive Lean Engineering using PDCA process.
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and injection-molding to design concepts.
Lead global design team in developing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Maintain project budgets and meet budget expectations.
- Provide accurate estimates in support of quotes.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples and quotes as necessary and own
supplier relationship for engineering deliverables, including drawings, CAD
models and appropriate analysis.
- BACHELORS DEGREE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING OR RELATED DISCIPLINE;
Experience of the following:
- Automotive Interior Trim Development
- Plastic part design (rib-to-wall, drafts, and attachment structures).
- Plastic part assembly (screwing, staking, welding, laminating, and wrapping).
- Plastic resin and materials selection related to Door Panels and/or Instrument Panels.
- Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing – GD&T.