- The Advance Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Advance Supplier Quality functions.
- The Engineer will provide launch support by providing on-site support at suppliers' facilities to ensure launch readiness as required leading up to and including program launch.
- Provide on-site support at Company’s Assembly plants as required.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected.
- Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve component issues.
- Ensure component suppliers' processes are robust and capable.
- Lead problem solving activities within internal and external organizations.
- Manage key component quality milestones.
- Develop and present program status updates and articulate open issues to senior leadership.
- Travel will be required to supplier and other Company locations in the U.S. and Canada (approximately 40%).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 3-5 years work experience in Quality, Engineering, Production, or Manufacturing.
- Experience with chassis engineering or quality is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis
- May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel internationally 10% to Canada -Will be required to travel domestically 20-40%
- Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality certification Master's degree