• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.
• 3+ years experience (Intermediate to advanced level) of development engineering experience in exterior plastic Body, preferably plastic mold injection parts such as: Wheel liners, wheel flares, fascias, spoilers, bezels, or appliques. Candidate will be responsible for several components or assemblies at any/all phase of a program from initial concept, through sourcing, tooling, validation, launch, and continuous engineering post launch. Directly responsible for Design, Release, Sourcing, Tooling, Development, Build Support at Assembly Plants, Issue Resolution, EBOM management.
Candidate need to manage Timing, Cost, Weight, and Investment budget for the given project.
• Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Knowledgeable in stamping high strength steels or aluminum, weld parameters, body sealing, injection molding, Class A parts and assemblies, and GD&T.
• Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 3 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is preferred.
• BIW in-plant launch experience preferred.
• Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
• Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green/black-belt preferred and Reactive Problem Solving,
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record is required.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%